My Thermomix arrived last night. I am feeling really sick today so I am not really able to do much experimenting. It’s almost the weekend though, so I will get into it on the weekend!
Last night I decided to take a “me day” today and stay home from work. Then I woke up feeling too sick to go to work anyway. Much frustration. I had planned a relaxing day of self care, cooking, reading and resting. Now I just feel too unwell to do much at all.
Anyway. I guess all I can do is make the most of what I have and what I have is some spare time. Yeah, my head, chest and (entire body) hurts, yeah Im tired, but I have time. So I wanted to spend that time making some broader goals. Last week I made goals for the month, but what I am about to write are overarching goals for the year. I can see every last one of these goals as entirely achievable and I plan to have them all ticked off by 31 December 2018. These are the goals that I will be working towards every minute, day, week, month. Once these are achieved (at the end of this year) I will set new goals.
Goals and Plans
By the end of this year I/we will be:
- A healthy/ier weight (As long as my diet is extremely healthy, I don’t mind if the weight loss is slow and consistent).
- A healthy family who eat a mostly plant based diet
- Both Brent and I will have management qualifications
- We will continue to foster our sons passions and interests and bring joy and adventure to his life
- When the dry season arrives we will have adventures almost every weekend. We will just head off, all the time, for days and weekends at waterfalls.
- Be amazing ‘role models’ for our son – in terms of how dramatically you can change your life with some hard work.
- We will have paid our debt with the exclusion of our Beachfront land and have alot more financial freedom
- continue our mission of minimalism and a simple life – keeping very little possessions
- We will live a more active lifestyle
- No longer buy ANY processed foods – we will make everything ourselves, from scratch.
- We will be planning or have had an amazing holiday – Achieved 26/03/2018 I booked us a family holiday for two weeks in July to go spend time with my brother and his family. We will go stay at the Whitsunday islands and have an amazing adventure!
- We will have a plan for our future: where we want to live (and buy a house) and stay for ten years until our sons all grown – we will then put this plan into action and no longer live in our caravan
- Be saving the deposit for the house (or unit) we will buy
- Have my R.A under better control – naturally or with meds if required.
I believe that all of this is achievable. I have no doubt in my mind. I am not stupid, i know “life” will throw challenges at us. I know in 12 months time things will be different in ways beyond my goals and control. But for the most part, I believe this list to be achievable.
Bring. It. On.